Washington Redskins – 2016 record (8-7-1) – 3rd in the NFC East
- Off YPG – 403.4 (3rd) – Def YPG – 377.9 (28th)
- Points scored 24.8 (12th) – Points allowed 23.9 (19th)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA NFL prediction – Play UNDER 7.5 Wins for Washington Redskins
We have the Skins pegged for a 7-9 record this season. The offense was one of the best in the NFL last year but look for a drop off on that side of the ball. QB Kirk Cousins has proven he can be a top 10 type QB, however he lost some serious weapons from a year ago. His top two WR’s from last season are both gone. Pierre Garcon, 79 catches for 1,041 yards, and DeSean Jackson, 56 catches for 1,005 yards, have both moved on taking a huge chunk out of this offense. On top of that, offensive coordinator Sean McVay who was the orchestrator of that offense is now the head coach of the Rams. If it wasn’t for the offense last year this team would have really struggled. The defense was poor allowing 378 YPG which rank them right near the bottom of the NFL. They only beat two playoff teams last year and this season Washington has 7 playoff teams from last season on the schedule. They travel to the west coast 3 times this year and have other out of division road games in tough venues (KC & New Orleans). This team needed a very explosive offense last year to get to 8 wins. With the losses on that side of the ball, we think it’s unlikely the duplicate that this year.
Against The Spread – 10-6 ATS record / 12 Overs, 4 Unders
- Since 2003, Washington has been one of the strongest UNDER teams in the NFL when facing a division opponent. They have 34 OVERS, 46 UNDERS and 4 ties vs NFC East teams since ’03.
- Washington has been a play against team when they are favored going just 14-25-1 ATS their last 40 times as a favorite.
- Washington has been a money maker against division rival Dallas putting up a 16-7-1 ATS record the last 24 meetings
- Since 2005, the Skins are an impressive 41-29-2 ATS vs NFC East teams. That’s the 2nd best ATS division record in the NFL during that span.
WIN BIG THIS FOOTBALL SEASON WITH ASA! CHECK OUT PACKAGES HERE