Cincinnati Bengals – 2016 record (6-9-1) – 3rd in the AFC North
- Off YPG – 356.9 (13th) – Def YPG – 350.8 (17th)
- Points scored 20.3 (24th) – Points allowed 19.7 PPG (8th)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play UNDER 8.5 Wins for the Cincinnati Bengals
We’re not big fans of QB Andy Dalton and with him under center, we simply think the Bengals will underachieve. They will most likely improve a bit on last year’s 6-9-1 mark but we don’t see this team getting to 9 wins. Their defense was solid, but offensively with Dalton running the show, they simply aren’t very good. He will be operating behind an offensive line that lost arguably their 2 best players in the off-season with Whitworth going to the Rams and Zeitler to the Browns. The defense was solid for the most part but if the offense scores only 20 PPG again this year, this team won’t get to 9 wins. They start fairly tough with 3 of their first 6 opponents making the playoffs last year + Baltimore who was close. They have a brutal stretch coming out of their bye in late October playing 4 of 5 on the road including 3 consecutive roadies on November 5th @ Jacksonville, November 12th @ Tennessee, and November 19th @ Denver. They do close with a much more manageable schedule but at that point they might have a tough time battling back above .500. The Cats did lose a home game last year when they traveled to London but even back to a regular schedule in 2017, we feel this team is destined for an 8-8 season.
Against The Spread – 7-9 ATS record / 6 Overs, 10 Unders
- The Bengals have been terrible against the division rival Steelers winning just 14 of the last 54 meetings. Cincy has also covered only 18 of the last 54 vs Pittsburgh.
- Since 2004, the Bengals are just 29-38-4 ATS (43%) as home favorites – 10th worst in the NFL.
- Since 2005, Cincy is a terrible 0-7 (1-6 ATS) in the playoffs losing by an average score of 25-12.
- If you can find the Bengals as a home underdog they have gone a money making 19-8 the last 27 times in that position.
- Cincinnati has cashed in at a 67% clip vs division opponent Baltimore going 16-8-1 ATS – dating back to 2004.