Carolina Panthers – 2016 record (6-10) – 4th in NFC South
- Off YPG – 343.7 (19th) – Def YPG – 359.8 (21st)
- Points scored 23.1 (15th) – Points allowed 25.1 (26th)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play OVER 8.5 Wins for Carolina Panthers
After making it to the Super Bowl two years ago, the Panthers won only 6 games last season. We think they bounce back with a solid 2017 season. We have Panthers as a pick’em or favored in 10 of their 16 games heading into the season. In their 6 games as an underdog, only New England & Atlanta would currently be favored by more than a FG vs Carolina. These numbers obviously change as the season progresses but prior to the start of the season, Carolina looks in decent shape to get to 9 wins or more. While they did lose 10 games last season, let’s keep in mind that six of those losses came by a field goal or less. On the other hand, four of their six wins came by at least 10 points. There were drastic drop offs both offensively (31 PPG to 23 PPG) and defensively (19 PPG allowed to 25 PPG allowed) and a return to somewhere in between at the very least can be expected. After throwing 35 TD’s and 10 picks in his Super Bowl season, Cam Newton went for just 19 & 14 last year. Expect him to rebound as well. A 9-7 record (or better) is more than reasonable for this team in 2017.
STEP RIGHT UP IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WINNING INVESTMENT THIS FOOTBALL SEASON! ASA HAS YOU COVERED WITH ALL LEVELS OF PACKAGES! Check them out here…
Against The Spread – 6-9-1 ATS record / 7 Overs, 8 Unders, 1 Tie
- When the Panthers are tabbed as a home favorite, you may want to look at playing the UNDER. Carolina is 34-18-1 to the UNDER in that role since 2008.
- The direct opposite is true when the Cats are a road underdog. In that spot they are an OVER team playing 29-19-1 to the OVER.
- Since 2011, the Panthers have the 2nd best record in the NFL as a home favorite at 22-13-1 ATS (63%).
- The Panthers are 19-6-1 ATS the last 26 times they’ve been a favorite of -7 or more.