Seattle Seahawks – 2016 record (10-5-1) – 1st in NFC West
- Off YPG – 357.2 (12th) – Def YPG – 318.7 (5th)
- Points scored 22.1 (18th) – Points allowed 18.2 (3rd)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play OVER 10.5 Wins for Seattle
The Seahawks have the luxury of not having to travel on back to back weeks this entire season. Their only “back to back” road games come with a bye inserted in between. While we expect Arizona to be much better this year, the NFC West remains fairly weak with 4 most likely type wins vs the Rams & Niners. Defense was outstanding again last year ranking in the top 8 in almost all key categories & they allowed just 18 PPG. The offense sputtered at times last year due to an inexperienced offensive line and an up and down running game. The O-Line has been shored up with two new starting tackles including LT Joeckel who has been one of the better ones in the league for Jacksonville the last few years. Eddie Lacy has been added to the mix and if he stays healthy they will be much better off at that position. Three of their five losses came by 6 points or less and their +62 point differential was the 3rd best in the NFC behind only Dallas & Atlanta. This team was better than their record last year and we feel they get to at least 11 wins this season.
Against The Spread – 8-8 ATS record / 9 Overs, 7 Unders
- The Seahawks are 22-6-2 ATS their last 30 games as an underdog dating back to 2011.
- Since Russell Wilson took over at QB in 2012, the Hawks are 53-37-2 ATS overall which is the 3rd best mark in the NFL during that span.
- They are 29-15-1 ATS (66%) at home since Wilson took over at QB in 2012.
- However, dating back to 2003, this Seattle team has the 2nd worst ATS record on the road coming in at just 51-68-2 (43%).