Los Angeles Rams – 2016 record (4-12) – 3rd in NFC West
- Off YPG – 262.7 (32nd) – Def YPG – 337 (9th)
- Points scored 14.0 (32nd) – Points allowed 24.6 (23rd)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play UNDER 5.5 Wins for LA Rams
The Rams were 4-12 last year and we’re projecting a similar record in 2017. The NFL is now a scoring league and the Rams are terrible at putting the ball in the endzone. Their 14 PPG average was the worst in the NFL. They only reached 20 points four times last season. That won’t get you many wins. Jared Goff looks like the full time starter at QB but when the Rams threw him to the wolves in their final 7 games last season, he stunk. LA was 0-7 in those games and averaged 12 PPG during that final stint. RB Todd Gurley went from being one of the league’s best his rookie year to putting up the 2nd lowest YPC average in the NFL. No passing attack will do that. The defense was solid but still gave up nearly 25 PPG. The defense would have to be lights out to give this team a chance this year. Seven of their twelve losses were by double digits last season and we just can’t see this team getting to 6 wins this year. To make it even tougher, this team travels more than any other team in the NFL this year – a total of 32,500 miles! Under is the play.
Against The Spread – 4-11-1 ATS record / 7 Overs, 9 Unders
- Since 2003, the Rams have the 2nd worst spread record in the NFL at 34-50-1 (40%). Only the Titans are worse.
- Since 2011, the Rams have been favored only 25 times. They’ve won only 10 of those games outright (9-16 ATS).
- The Rams have been an OVER team at home. They’ve rolled up 62 OVERS and just 47 UNDERS (2 ties) at home since 2003.
- The last 10 times that LA has been a underdog of 10 or more, their game has gone UNDER the total.