Arizona Cardinals – 2016 record (7-8-1) – 2nd in NFC West
- Off YPG – 366.8 (9th) – Def YPG – 305.2 (2nd)
- Points scored 26.1 (6th) – Points allowed 22.6 (14th)
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play OVER 8 Wins for Arizona Cardinals
We’re getting some nice value with the OVER for Arizona here. Last year they entered the season with a win total of 9.5 and finished with a 7-8-1 overall record. QB Carson Palmer struggled working behind a banged up offensive line that is now healthy. Despite their sub .500 record, the Cards outgained their opponents by an average of 61 YPG. Their defense was 2nd in the NFL allowing just 305 YPG while offensively they put up 26 PPG (6th in the NFL). Let’s not forget this team was 13-3 two years ago and made it to the NFC Championship game. Arizona has a fairly weak strength of schedule rating as their opponents this year had a record of 118-135-3 last season. We don’t think it’s too much to ask for this team to top 8 wins in 2017.
Against The Spread – 6-10 ATS record / 10 Overs, 6 Unders
- Since 2005, 56% of the Cards games have gone OVER the total (112-88-1). That is the 2nd highest OVER rate during that span – 2nd only to New England.
- If you happen to find Arizona as a home underdog you might want to jump on them. The Birds are 32-16-1 in that spot since 2003 – that includes a 28-21 SU record.
- However if they are a road underdog, consider staying away. They are just 39-48-1 ATS in that spot since 2003.
- Arizona is just 14-26 ATS (35%) as a favorite of -7 or more dating all the way back to 1980.