Philadelphia Eagles – 2015 record (7-9) – 4th in the NFC East
- Off YPG – 337.4 (22nd) – Def YPG – 239.5 (13th)
- Points scored 22.9 (16th) – Points allowed 20.7 (12th)
INVEST YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WITH ASA THIS FOOTBALL SEASON! PROVEN RESULTS FROM A PROVEN WINNER! TAKE A LOOK AT PACKAGES HERE…
2017 Total Win Analysis
2017 ASA prediction – Play OVER 8 Wins for the Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles started with a perfect 3-0 record last season and looked like they were headed in the right direction with rookie QB Carson Wentz at the helm. After their bye on October 2nd, the Birds lost 4 of their next 5 but were leading with under 4:00 minutes remaining in 2 of those losses. They ended the season with a 7-9 record but were very close to having a much better record with 6 of their 9 losses coming by a TD or less. They also proved they could beat the best topping the NFC’s Super Bowl entrant Atlanta, along with Pittsburgh and Dallas. A whopping 9 of their 16 games came against teams that made the playoffs and Philly was a decent 4-5 on those games. Three of their five losses vs playoff teams came by 5 points or less or in overtime. Despite their losing record, the Eagles had a +36 point differential which was 6th best in the NFC. The offense struggled at times but we expect a big jump from Wentz and he has a solid running game to complement him (10th in the NFL in rushing). We also really like the addition of WR Alshon Jeffrey who will give Wentz the type of target he didn’t have last year. The defense was better than their final stats in our opinion. They shut down some impressive offense including holding Atlanta to 15 points, Pittsburgh to 3 points, and Dallas to just 13. If they can get through their first four weeks with two wins (3 of their first 4 are on the road), they can really make a run after that with 4 of their next 5 at home before their bye. We like the Eagles to be one of the more improved teams in the NFL. We’ll call for at least 9 wins in 2017.
Against The Spread – 8-8 ATS record / 9 Overs, 7 Unders
- When tabbed as a home underdog, Philly is a dreadful 3-11 ATS since 2007.
- The Eagles were just 2-4 ATS last season as a road underdog. However, coming into last year they were 34-22 ATS their previous 56 games as a road dog.
- If the Eagles are tabbed an underdog, there is a pretty solid chance they will go OVER the total in that particular game. Since 2003, when an underdog, Philly has gone OVER the number at a rate of 50-29.
- However when favored during that same span (since 2003), they went OVER 71 times and UNDER 81 times with 5 ties.